Thursday, May 2, 2013

Too Many Irons

It's another weekend when I will be away from a computer and can't post on Saturday night.  This seems like the sort of thing that shouldn't happen in this day and age.  My resistence to mobile media doesn't help.  I don't WANT a Smartphone; I don't want ANY MORE technology that is smarter than I am---most of it already is. 

Still, I know it's on my mind.  Last night I dreamed---since I had surgery last week, I've been having the *w-e-i-r-d-e-s-t* dreams, even without pain meds---Last night I dreamed that I had some kind of tablet device in my pants pocket, and I jumped in a lake with it there.  What does that mean, exactly?  I think I was with some college friends in this dream.  Or maybe it was students?  I just don't know.  But within a couple of seconds of hitting the water, I realized what I had done and leaped back out of the water.  The rest of the dream seemed to be of me sitting in an office that belonged to Boo Roberts and waiting to see if he could rescue it, or at least save the data and media files.  And Boo, in case you're reading this, do you by chance have an office with a poster of that KATT car that was in, I think, the 70's show "Greatest American Hero"?  Because you did last night.

Maybe the message is just to get with the times so I don't have to post these pitiful, rambling apologies in exchange for a genuine blog.  However, I do have once consolation this time:  I did post two blogs last weekend, so I'm going to claim one for this Saturday.  I'll think of you this weekend when I nibble the tiniest bit of wedding cake and toast the two coolest 30-somethings I know. 

Aren't you glad I didn't write something lame about the sleet/snow event in May?  Yep, I just had to mention it. 

See you next week, kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment